Monday, August 24, 2020

Noble Savage (Pere Atzil)

 By Dudu Busi

[Also titled as Noble Brute]

Since we can't simply go to the library and pick a book nowadays, I had to read a book I own while waiting for the book I ordered to become ready for pick-up. I hadn't realized that I read it so long ago -- in 2004. For some reason it seemed a lot more recent. I thought I remembered quite clearly what happened in the book, but was surprised upon re-reading the extremity of some of the events. This book tells the story of a boy who is the son of a divorced drug-addict mother and a crazy artist. He's fat and in love with the most beautiful girl in his school. The book is written from his point view a few years later, when he's 21, and describes the events happening when he was around 15. The language is very casual, which makes is a super fast read. It is funny and shocking. I just learned that it was also adapted to a movie, and I can tell just by viewing the trailer, that they've taken some serious liberties... [Hebrew; 270 pp.]

Link to book

No comments: