Monday, August 17, 2020

Lucy Gayheart

 By Willa Cather

I so love reading Willa Cather's books. They are just beautiful works of art. They are grounded in life and they pull you in. This one was particularly beautiful (though it may be just because it's the last one of hers I've read -- I feel similarly every time I read/finish reading one of her books). 

Lucy, as her name last name suggests, is a joyous young woman, and spreads light and happiness wherever she goes. But that doesn't mean life only gives her roses. Growing up in a little Nebraska town, she studies music in Chicago, where she gets involved with a famous singer. But that's just a simplified summary, the actual story is way more complex. [208 pp.]

I just can't stress enough how much I like reading Willa Cather's books. I want there to be a thousand more of them. 

Link to book

No comments: