Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Venus Envy

By Shannon McKelden

It must be the library's fault, but this book was categorized as SciFi. Not that I read much SciFi, but judging by the back cover, it looked like it would be interesting and not heavy on the SciFi. Kind of like Gods Behaving Badly. It started out kind of like that, but soon became annoyingly more like some romance novel. As if that wasn't enough, it also had parts that made me squirm because things happened that absolutely did not need to happen - they made no sense. It seemed like they only happened to create "funny" or "amusing" situations. Sort of like a sitcom. Which I didn't like at all. I read through it though, and all in all it was okay, but I was disappointed. The cover is nice, and this is one case where I was wrong to judge a book by the cover [336 pp.]

Book link

No comments: