Monday, June 2, 2008

The Poisonwood Bible

By Barbara Kingsolver

What a masterpiece! Reminded me of "A Suitable Boy" by Vikram Seth, in that it told the story of a nation through the story of a family, with a lot of parallels. It also boggles my mind to see more evidence to the horrible behavior of US government all throughout the last few decades, all because of some fear of communism. A behavior that cost many lives and left most of the developing countries under-developed. It's really infuriating.
Anyway, when I got the book (from the same store I got B. Kingsolver's other book, because of the cat) I thought it would be like her two other books I read (the second, without my knowing, turned out to be a sequel of the first) which I really liked. It was different but I wasn't disappointed at all! Seemed to be more complex, but just as easily read and fascinating as the others.


No comments: